* [9fans] problem logging into a combined auth/cpu/fileserver
@ 2009-09-06 17:24 James Chapman
From: James Chapman @ 2009-09-06 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

I have set up a combined auth/cpu/fileserver (using fossil) under
parallels.

The hostowner is bootes and I created an ordinary user called james.

I can connect with drawterm with either user.

I can also boot a plan 9 terminal in a parallels instance from the
server. If I do this as bootes I can also:

term% cpu -h (server ip)

from my freshly booted terminal. However if I boot the plan 9 terminal
as james then executing the above command gives the error:

"cpu: can't authenticate: (server ip): auth_proxy rpc write: bootes:
cs: can't translate address: dns: resource does not exist"

If I type:

term% cpu -h (server ip) -u bootes

whilst logged in as james it connects successfully. Which (to me)
implies that the terminal is working properly.

I'm rather baffled by the error. Surely it can't have anything to do
with dns?

James