* [9fans] need a REAL WORKING iso
@ 2016-01-01 11:54 Francois Pussault
From: Francois Pussault @ 2016-01-01 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

hello all

where can i get a iso file for 9front or plan9 for raspberry pi

I have the bell-labs...../contrib/miller one but it is all stuck/restricted.....  even writting to /dev/keymap is impossible...
neither mounting 9fs sources and so on.....just unusable at all no inst dir ... etc.... so it is just a brick

I ve allready had one about one year ago that permitted to call inst/textonly to have a real plan9 station on the RPI fullfeatured and fonctionnal...

do you have a link that or simillar iso file ?

thanks

Cordialement
Francois Pussault
10 chemin de négo saoumos
apt 202 - bat 2
31300 Toulouse
+33 6 17 230 820   +33 5 34 365 269
fpussault@contactoffice.fr

* Re: [9fans] need a REAL WORKING iso
@ 2016-01-01 22:54 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2016-01-01 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fpussault, 9fans

On Fri Jan  1 03:56:33 PST 2016, fpussault@contactoffice.fr wrote:
> hello all
>
> where can i get a iso file for 9front or plan9 for raspberry pi
>

> I have the bell-labs...../contrib/miller one but it is all stuck/restricted.....  even writting to /dev/keymap is impossible...
> neither mounting 9fs sources and so on.....just unusable at all no inst dir ... etc.... so it is just a brick
>
> I ve allready had one about one year ago that permitted to call inst/textonly to have a real plan9 station on the RPI fullfeatured and fonctionnal...

i believe you mistyped "/dev/kbmap".

this isn't a complete solution, but you can put the "fs" partition from the 9atom install
image (http://ftp.9atom.org/other/usbinstamd64.bz2) a 400mb+ partition on your
sd card and then copy it to whatever file system
you'd like to use.  there are enough binaries in the image to build the system either
from the included files, or from sources.

make sure that dns is working when you try to mount sources.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] need a REAL WORKING iso
@ 2016-01-02 11:12 ` arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2016-01-02 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Francois Pussault, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

hello,

I have recently reinstalled 9pi.
-rw-r-----@ 1 arisawa  staff  127695824  1  1 18:38 9pi.img.gz
which is downloaded from plan9.bell-labs.com/sources/contrib/miller/9pi.img.gz
the img works fine with 8GB sd card (4GB is OK?)
I don’t experience your problem.

in 9front distribution we can also have 9pif, compile is required though.
I have compiled but not tried yet.

> /dev/keymap
probably /dev/kbmap

> 9fs sources