* [9fans] Getting Networking Going on QEMU?
@ 2011-04-25 14:39 Michael Kerpan
From: Michael Kerpan @ 2011-04-25 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello, fellow 9fans. I'm a Plan 9 newcomer and I've been playing with
getting a simple standalone Plan 9 system going in QEMU and I'm having
problems getting the networking to work. I tried running "ip/ipconfig"
and "ndb/dns -r" which should be sufficient to get the networking
going using the built-in NAT and DHCP stuff in QEMU but it doesn't
seem to work. Attempts to run a simple DNS query fail miserably like
so:

> google.com ip
!dns: dns failure

Am I missing something? Do I need to edit some configurations
somewhere? I'd really like to get my little Plan 9 system online so
that I can connect to some of the various resources available
(contrib, source pulls, etc) and I'd appreciate any help you folks can
give.

PS: Yes, I know that 9grid has perbuilt images that "just work". I was
hoping to learn how to get things going myself so that I learn a bit
more than I would using a turnkey system.

Mike

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-04-25 14:39 UTC | newest]