* [9fans] auth failure
@ 2003-06-13 19:25 Hugo Santos
From: Hugo Santos @ 2003-06-13 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

I just setuped a Plan9 CPU Server and was trying to connect to it using
drawterm, but the authentication always fails. In plan9 i get the
following in /sys/log/auth:
... tr-fail authid 192.168.1.12
... tr-fail hostid hugo(192.168.1.12)
... tr-ok hugo@hugo(192.168.1.12) -> hugo@hugo
... tr-ok bootes@bootes(192.168.1.12) -> bootes@bootes

I first tried to login using a user named 'hugo' which i created, but
drawterm told me '?no match', then i tried with bootes, which hangs the
login process, drawterm is still running and i can input text, but i
dont get any more user prompts.

Any ideas on what i've might been doing wrong?

Hugo

* Re: [9fans] auth failure
@ 2003-06-13 21:38   ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2003-06-13 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> 'no match' means that you ...

did you?

     set nonomatch

:)

* Re: [9fans] auth failure
       [not found] <Pine.LNX.4.44.0306131517560.15978-100000@fbsd.cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
@ 2003-06-13 21:32 ` Hugo Santos
From: Hugo Santos @ 2003-06-13 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: andrey mirtchovski; +Cc: 9fans

Yes, the account didn't exist, i did changeuser on the wrong user, it
is ok now. the problem seems to be with drawterm, authentication works
fine now, and using cpu in the cpuserver works too, just drawterm
doesn't.

Hugo