* [9fans] Need help on installing Google Go for The Plan 9 Operating system
@ 2011-01-10 10:01 ROuNIN
From: ROuNIN @ 2011-01-10 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello all,
I just posted this golang-nuts. I would like someone to advise on what
needs to be done to install
Google Go on The Plan 9 Operating System.

Can Federico G. Benavento [FGB] please help?
I've searched for ages on the net but can't find any info.

So far have the following (with the aid of)
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Sources_repository/index.html

mount to 9fs sources:

9fs sources
ls /n/sources

So you can see the contrib/ directory:
contrib/ - Contrib directories for contributed code

Then at:
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Contrib_index/index.html

Then I get stuck at being able to obtain Mercurial from FGB's contrib
area:

hg: Mercurial 1.0.2

Many thanks,
ROuNIN

* Re: [9fans] Need help on installing Google Go for The Plan 9 Operating system
@ 2011-01-10 10:19 ` Federico G. Benavento
From: Federico G. Benavento @ 2011-01-10 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

run:

% 9fs sources
% /n/sources/contrib/fgb/root/rc/bin/contrib/install fgb/contrib
% contrib/install -f bichued/python
% contrib/install -f fgb/hg

that should work

--
Federico G. Benavento

* Re: [9fans] Need help on installing Google Go for The Plan 9 Operating system
@ 2011-01-10 16:34 ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2011-01-10 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I don't believe there is a way to build go on plan9. You have to build it on a Linux box. Then compile go programs on the Linux box and run them on Plan 9. If you use drawterm your Linux fs will be accessible via /mnt/term

-Skip

@ 2011-01-15 10:02   ` Akshat Kumar
From: Akshat Kumar @ 2011-01-15 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

It should compile/install (via debian packages)
on linuxemu in Plan 9, just fine. Then you can
program, compile, execute all in one rio space.

ak

@ 2011-01-15 10:31     ` lucio
From: lucio @ 2011-01-15 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> It should compile/install (via debian packages)
> on linuxemu in Plan 9, just fine. Then you can
> program, compile, execute all in one rio space.

Ouch!  This is exactly what I _don't_ want :-)

I do respect that others may be considerably more pragmatic than I, in
fact I find it warmly ironic than I sure hadn't tought of that!

++L