* [9fans] announce radio HLS and drawterm question
@ 2015-02-25 22:36 Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2015-02-25 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

If anyone else but me uses it I now have HLS (HTTP Live Streaming)
working in my internet radio app, I have a little more tweeking to do
before I release it but if anyone wants to play give me a shout.

The people most interested are likely to be in the UK where the BBC shut
down their Shoutcast streams in favour of HLS last week.

Drawterm: Has anyone written an audio driver for OSX so I can debug
my radio app on my mac?

Thanks,

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] announce radio HLS and drawterm question
@ 2015-02-26 17:04 ` Jeff Sickel
From: Jeff Sickel @ 2015-02-26 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> On Feb 25, 2015, at 4:36 PM, Steve Simon <steve@quintile.net> wrote:
>
> Drawterm: Has anyone written an audio driver for OSX so I can debug
> my radio app on my mac?

That would be a good GSOC project.

-jas

* Re: [9fans] announce radio HLS and drawterm question
@ 2015-02-26 17:41   ` Aram Hăvărneanu
From: Aram Hăvărneanu @ 2015-02-26 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 6:04 PM, Jeff Sickel <jas@corpus-callosum.com> wrote:
> That would be a good GSOC project.

I haven't realized OS X has a GSoC now.

--
Aram Hăvărneanu

* Re: [9fans] announce radio HLS and drawterm question
@ 2015-02-26 18:06     ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2015-02-26 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

:)

drawterm qualifies as Plan 9 related.

@ 2015-02-26 23:07     ` Anthony Sorace
From: Anthony Sorace @ 2015-02-26 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

9p access to resources on "foreign" systems has always been a good target for GSoC, whether that be in drawterm, Inferno, or via other means. We've had several projects in this category over the years, and would certainly love to see more.

If you're going to troll, I'd appreciate it if you'd avoid topics that might genuinely confuse prospective students.