* [9fans] iwp9 Madrid accomodation
       [not found] <001636988d829c1d7604abbd8054@google.com>
@ 2011-08-30 20:22 ` fgergo
From: fgergo @ 2011-08-30 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Earlier if you clicked Accomodation on iwp9.org you had found a hotel,
where most probably you could have found other 9fans during iwp9.

For the upcoming event you'll only find a hint, hence this:

If you feel a desperate inner drive to share where you'll probably
stay, you can do that here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dENKajk2RUJNYkg0ZHE3WjdGYmtlSUE6MQ

If you are interested what others had answered, you can do that here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhGOSUhFIUk7dENKajk2RUJNYkg0ZHE3WjdGYmtlSUE&hl=en_US#gid=0

I'll delete the form, after 22/10/11.

Gergo

* Re: [9fans] iwp9 Madrid accomodation
@ 2011-08-30 20:47   ` Gorka Guardiola
From: Gorka Guardiola @ 2011-08-30 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Sorry for that. The IWP9 is going to be in Fuenlabrada, here:

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?q=urjc,+fuenlabrada&hl=en&cid=1418018212807024302

It is a small city in the outkirts of Madrid, so for nightlife, I
would recommend staying in downtown
Madrid.

This places are cheap, all have wifi
or an internet connection (though people have reported different
levels of satisfaction with the wifi):

(this one would be my choice)
http://www.hostalcastilla.com/castillaII/index.html

http://www.simonseeks.com/accommodation/hotel/madrid/jc-rooms-puerta-del-sol__166742

this are ok too:
http://www.hostalplaya2.es/IN/
http://www.hostalcondestable.com/aboutus.html

A pricier, fancier place:

http://www.hotelpuertadetoledo.es/

>From downtown madrid it is like 50 min/1 hour to get to the university by
public transportation.

G.

* Re: [9fans] iwp9 Madrid accomodation
@ 2011-08-30 21:48     ` fgergo
From: fgergo @ 2011-08-30 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I am sorry if my email sounded unthankful, it was not meant to sound
like that. On the contrary, thank you for all the effort to all
organizers!

Gorka, thanks for the hotels!

I probably should have phrased the question more directly:
Wednesday, which pub?

* Re: [9fans] iwp9 Madrid accomodation
@ 2011-08-30 22:55     ` Jeff Sickel
From: Jeff Sickel @ 2011-08-30 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Gorka,

Thanks for the information.

But something just keeps bugging me a bit as I distinctly remember
you offering up your place for everyone during dinner at Elysian
Brewing Company.  Sure it was at a brewery, but you offered well
before the desert menu was brought out and no one was drinking much
to begin with as the food kept us all busy.  I figured it could be
crowded, but sure, why not stay with a whole bunch of 9fans while
in Madrid.

Jeff

@ 2011-08-31  6:54       ` Gorka Guardiola
From: Gorka Guardiola @ 2011-08-31  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs; +Cc: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

-
Curiosity sKilled the cat

G.

On Aug 31, 2011, at 12:55 AM, y
> Gorka,
>
> Thanks for the information.
>
> But something just keeps bugging me a bit as I distinctly remember
> you offering up your place for everyone during dinner at Elysian
> Brewing Company.  Sure it was at a brewery, but you offered well
> before the desert menu was brought out and no one was drinking much
> to begin with as the food kept us all busy.  I figured it could be
> crowded, but sure, why not stay with a whole bunch of 9fans while
> in Madrid.

I don't think you know what you are saying. My flat does not fit 3 people standing up... Sorry...

G.