* u9fs in go?
@ 2020-07-12 22:11 fgergo
From: fgergo @ 2020-07-12 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Did anybody try to reimplement u9fs in go?
If not yet, which 9p go package would you recommend to use?
(I don't need any authentication only 9p.)
thanks!

* Re: [9fans] u9fs in go?
@ 2020-07-12 22:58 ` David du Colombier
From: David du Colombier @ 2020-07-12 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Did anybody try to reimplement u9fs in go?
> If not yet, which 9p go package would you recommend to use?
> (I don't need any authentication only 9p.)

There is a multitude of 9P implementations in Go.

For example, this one, which includes a program to serve
local files as a 9P filesystem:

https://github.com/Harvey-OS/ninep

--
David du Colombier

* Re: [9fans] u9fs in go?
@ 2020-07-12 23:10   ` Marshall Conover
From: Marshall Conover @ 2020-07-12 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Also of note is droyo's styx library, which I've found useful
personally in creating a 9p message queue, and which a few of us on a
9fans discord server use for additional projects:
https://github.com/droyo/styx

I'm not aware of anyone having created a u9fs equivalent using it, however.

Good luck!

Marshall

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 7:00 PM David du Colombier <0intro@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Did anybody try to reimplement u9fs in go?
> > If not yet, which 9p go package would you recommend to use?
> > (I don't need any authentication only 9p.)
>
> There is a multitude of 9P implementations in Go.
>
> For example, this one, which includes a program to serve
> local files as a 9P filesystem:
>
> https://github.com/Harvey-OS/ninep
>
> --
> David du Colombier

Have a good day,

Marshall Conover

* Re: [9fans] u9fs in go?
@ 2020-07-13  0:02     ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2020-07-13  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

https://github.com/lionkov/go9p

* Re: [9fans] u9fs in go?
@ 2020-07-13  6:22   ` fgergo
From: fgergo @ 2020-07-13  6:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On 7/13/20, David du Colombier <0intro@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Did anybody try to reimplement u9fs in go?
>> If not yet, which 9p go package would you recommend to use?
>> (I don't need any authentication only 9p.)
>
> There is a multitude of 9P implementations in Go.
>
> For example, this one, which includes a program to serve
> local files as a 9P filesystem:
>
> https://github.com/Harvey-OS/ninep

Thank you!
https://github.com/Harvey-OS/ninep/tree/master/cmd/ufs seems to be
working nice, after trivial changes to
ninep/filesystem/filesystem_windows.go . (Change all 'File' references
to 'file'.)
(Though go test fails in ninep/filesystem/ on windows. I'll maybe check later.)

+thank you all for 9p library references!

thanks again!