[parent not found: <CAP6exY+7R9z3uusW683gFCCjvt+t6cZVpq-0TWZL2SiDBbMw3g@mail.gmail.c>]
* [9fans] all you yacc experts
@ 2011-11-11 16:07 ron minnich
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: ron minnich @ 2011-11-11 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Go is pretty solid on 386 and I'm slowly puzzling my way through NIX support.

One thing that stands in the way of full native build is the bison issue.

If somebody wants to look at enhancing yacc so that the extra bison
bits can be supported, that would probably do the trick. I have no
idea of the level of effort, I have not looked.

We could run bison under linuxemu; I don't think this approach is as
good because it still leaves us a bit dependent on some outside force
for bison binaries. But that might be a good stopgap.

I'm looking forward to Go 1 because I'm pretty sure that most of what
we've had to do for this version of Go will go away :-)

I'm still amused that the best way to write portable C is to just ship
a reasonable C compiler with Go and use gcc to build that C compiler,
and then compile your portable C with it :-)

Thanks

ron