* [9fans] [kenfs] the mercurial repo problem
@ 2012-02-02 11:56 Akshat Kumar
From: Akshat Kumar @ 2012-02-02 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

This is a problem perhaps two of us
have on Plan 9 (hi Erik): mercurial
repositories contain files with long
names and/or spaces.

I realised that `lnfs' is a neat solution
to this problem (though you have to
remember to run it each time you're
in the repo) for the time-being. In
particular, it doesn't hog up ram (the
way ramfs does... :), and it doesn't
rely on the repo .hg dir already being
there (the way hgfs does), which is
what usually contains the long names.
And we can use `unlnfs' to export.

Just for future reference -- I noticed that
this didn't come up when we last discussed
this issue.

As always -

BUGS
          This exists only to shame us into getting a real long name
          file server working.
(Yeah, yeah - fossilheads can SUCK EGGS :-)

Best,
ak

* Re: [9fans] [kenfs] the mercurial repo problem
@ 2012-02-02 12:05 ` Akshat Kumar
From: Akshat Kumar @ 2012-02-02 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Ah, sorry to double-post, but in order
to get this working, one must:

mkdir repo
hg init repo
cd repo; hg pull -u https://...
echo '[paths]
default = https://...' > .hg/hgrc

Because it is forbidden to directly
clone on a non-empty directory
(an lnfs mounted dir contains a
.longnames index file).

ak

       [not found] <CABwSpPAuOy_MYf1ewJY92L0BK0DuLBv99HYnFU+nHV25n5w5vg@mail.gmail.c>
@ 2012-02-02 12:49 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2012-02-02 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu Feb  2 06:57:40 EST 2012, akumar@mail.nanosouffle.net wrote:
> This is a problem perhaps two of us
> have on Plan 9 (hi Erik): mercurial
> repositories contain files with long
> names and/or spaces.

coraid run's ken's file server.  so a fair percentage
of plan 9 users run on that rather than fossil.

- erik