* [9fans] hg 1.7.5
@ 2011-04-01 12:29 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2011-04-01 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

> % hg commit
> abort: Bad file number
> abort: No such file or directory: /tmp/hg-editor-AcXK9Z.txt
>
> This worked with the hold bichued/hg. Unfortunately, contrib/remove
> leaves things in a broken state, so it took some manual work to get
> back to where I was before attempting to move to the new version.

we'll get this bug fixed.  you can work around this with -m, as in
	; hg commit -m message

unfortunately, the previous version of python had some funnies with
the install.  the manual removals try t oget around this, but obviously
it would make a reinstall harder.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] hg 1.7.5
@ 2011-11-08 23:29 ` Akshat Kumar
From: Akshat Kumar @ 2011-11-08 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

It would be nice, if possible, to have the
mercurial sources sitting on their own,
in /sys/src/cmd/hg the way that the old
mercurial version had it setup. Just fits
in the tree better that way.

Akshat

* [9fans] hg 1.7.5
@ 2011-04-01  3:35 ` Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2011-04-01  3:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 7:49 PM, erik quanstrom <quanstro at quanstro.net> wrote:
> steve stallion refreshed the hg port to plan 9. ?we now
> have version 1.7.5, and a new record-length 95-page
> man page. ?;-)
>
> if you've already installed bichued's python, the instructions
> for getting it installed are
>
> ? ? ? ?; contrib/remove bichued/hg
> ? ? ? ?; rm -r /sys/lib/python/mercurial
> ? ? ? ?; contrib/install stallion/mercurial
>
> otherwise, just
>
> ? ? ? ?; contrib/install stallion/mercurial
>
> many thanks to steve for slogging through this.
>
> - erik

Post-install:

% hg commit
abort: Bad file number
abort: No such file or directory: /tmp/hg-editor-AcXK9Z.txt

This worked with the hold bichued/hg. Unfortunately, contrib/remove
leaves things in a broken state, so it took some manual work to get
back to where I was before attempting to move to the new version.

-sl

* [9fans] hg 1.7.5
@ 2011-04-01  2:43 ` Ethan Grammatikidis
From: Ethan Grammatikidis @ 2011-04-01  2:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1 Apr 2011, at 1:49 am, erik quanstrom wrote:

> steve stallion refreshed the hg port to plan 9.  we now
> have version 1.7.5, and a new record-length 95-page
> man page.  ;-)

I looked at hg's man page for the first time today. I half expected
it to be in many pages like git's is, but when I saw it was all in
one I thought "That's not a man page, that's a data dump."

* [9fans] hg 1.7.5
@ 2011-04-01  1:51 ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2011-04-01  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

That's why people say git has improved a lot?

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 12:49 AM, erik quanstrom <quanstro at quanstro.net> wrote:
> steve stallion refreshed the hg port to plan 9. ?we now
> have version 1.7.5, and a new record-length 95-page
> man page. ?;-)
>
> if you've already installed bichued's python, the instructions
> for getting it installed are
>
> ? ? ? ?; contrib/remove bichued/hg
> ? ? ? ?; rm -r /sys/lib/python/mercurial
> ? ? ? ?; contrib/install stallion/mercurial
>
> otherwise, just
>
> ? ? ? ?; contrib/install stallion/mercurial
>
> many thanks to steve for slogging through this.
>
> - erik

* [9fans] hg 1.7.5
@ 2011-04-01  0:49 erik quanstrom
                   ` (2 more replies)