* [9fans] using Sam idioms with Acme [SAC] Edit
@ 2012-04-26 15:39 Jason Catena
From: Jason Catena @ 2012-04-26 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Rob DeHart <rsdehart@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jack Norton <jack@0x6a.com> wrote:
> > Now, the sam language quick reference card that one 9fan composed long
> > ago... THAT is a great little thing to have handy.  I printed it out but
> > removed the file so I don't have a link handy.
>
> http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sources/contrib/steve/doc/sam-refcard.pdf  seems
> to be the one

I tried out the Sam idioms with Acme [SAC]'s Edit.  These are the ones I got
to work, with the right characters (e.g., ^ instead of ˆ) to make them work.
(The carriage return for <cr> is of course Alt-X 000d).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/502901/acme-edit-idioms

These are the ones I couldn't get to work as I expected.
I know acme(1) says ! isn't supposed to work.
mail just needs a mail program, which might be Mail.

! date	get current date in sam window
-/ˆ/+#10	goto the 10th column in the current line
/(.+0+/	matches blocks of text separated by blank lines
/text/+-p	highlight the lines containing text
> mail <user>	send selection as Email to <user>
x/0 a/0	double space selection
x/^/ .,/0d	strip C comments from selection

Edit ,x[a-zA-Z]+/{
	g/fred/ v/...../ c/jim/
	g/jim/ v/..../ c/fred/
}	swap fred for jim in file

Jason Catena

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-04-26 15:39 UTC | newest]