* [9fans] ACME Getall ?
@ 2015-03-24 16:51 Aram Santogidis
From: Aram Santogidis @ 2015-03-24 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi all,

imagine you have multiple files open in acme and then you

$ git checkout somebranch

now there is the need to update the views of each open file. You can type
Get in the tag of each
window and middle-click it, yes. It would be nice to have a Getall along
the lines of Putall, though.

I was wondering what is the best way to handle the above situation.

Thanks!
Aram

* Re: [9fans] ACME Getall ?
@ 2015-03-24 17:04 ` Kostarev Ilya
From: Kostarev Ilya @ 2015-03-24 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Seems
	Edit X/.*/ r
can do
--
Kostarev Ilya

@ 2015-03-24 17:14   ` Kostarev Ilya
From: Kostarev Ilya @ 2015-03-24 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Or even
Edit X r

--
Kostarev Ilya

On 24 Mar 2015 at 20:04:41, Kostarev Ilya (uvelichitel@gmail.com) wrote:

Seems
Edit X/.*/ r
can do
--

@ 2015-03-24 17:21     ` Aram Santogidis
From: Aram Santogidis @ 2015-03-24 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Thanks for your response Ilya.

I tried your first suggestion I get the following Error.

Edit: no file name given

For the second suggestion I get this Error.

Edit: <dir-name> is a directory

I closed the directory windows and it was executed, however dot was
replaced with the contents of a file.
In this case the dot is not pointing to all text.

So this didn't worked either.

PS: I'm using p9p acme.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 6:14 PM, Kostarev Ilya <uvelichitel@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Or even
> Edit X r
>
> --
> Kostarev Ilya
>
> On 24 Mar 2015 at 20:04:41, Kostarev Ilya (uvelichitel@gmail.com) wrote:
>
>  Seems
>  Edit X/.*/ r
> can do
>  --
> Kostarev Ilya
>
> On 24 Mar 2015 at 19:54:03, Aram Santogidis (gnubuntux@gmail.com) wrote:
>
>  Hi all,
>
> imagine you have multiple files open in acme and then you
>
> $ git checkout somebranch
>
> now there is the need to update the views of each open file. You can type
> Get in the tag of each
> window and middle-click it, yes. It would be nice to have a Getall along
> the lines of Putall, though.
>
> I was wondering what is the best way to handle the above situation.
>
> Thanks!
> Aram

* Re: [9fans] ACME Getall ?
@ 2015-03-24 18:38       ` Antons Suspans
From: Antons Suspans @ 2015-03-24 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I guess you could try:

Edit X/^'.. ./ e

The leading apostrophe selects dirty windows (also directories won't
match), and the trailing dot (note the space) ensures filename is set.

If you want to reread non-dirty... then +Errors and dirs/ should be
excluded - this looks uglier:

(and will also ignore 1-letter filenames, if you care).

--
Antons Šušpans (Suspans),
+371 29498719,

* Re: [9fans] ACME Getall ?