* [9fans] loongson (spim) port
@ 2013-09-13  4:32 cherry
From: cherry @ 2013-09-13  4:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello Fans,

In case any one is interested, recently I am trying to port Plan 9 to
loongson 2E machine (fuloong 2E minicomputer from Lemote, mips le). Well,
the 2F machines are way more popular than the 2E, but I have only the 2E in
hand... The current status is that, the kernel is booted up, but the
ethernet is not supported yet, nor the disk. So the only thing it can do is
having fun through rc(1) on a serial console, with a bzroot built in the
kernel. Now I am trying to bring the ethernet up, so hopefully we could
have a minimal cpu server. While the machine is 64 bit, this kernel is 32
bit. Many bits are taken from the rb kernel (many thanks!).

There is still a long way to go. Unlike the rb kernel, I haven't thought
hard about performance issues for its tlb size. And libc stuff is just a
copy from mips code with "just working" modifications for the endianess,
and not all cases are covered. FP is not up either, for unknown reason...

I would like to share it and I am asking for a contrib directory.

- cherry

* Re: [9fans] loongson (spim) port
@ 2013-09-13  5:08 ` lucio
From: lucio @ 2013-09-13  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I would like to share it and I am asking for a contrib directory.

I'd love to see what you've done, so maybe I can help twist Geoff's
arm (not that I've ever known Bell Labs to be reluctant with contrib
space on sources).

I have a Yeeloong 8089 A I bought specially for this purpose, so
please can I (a) encourage you to continue and (b) contribute in any
way to your efforts?  It does seem like you know considerably more
than I do about this, but I'm willing to catch up, if you have the
patience to guide me.

++L

* Re: [9fans] loongson (spim) port
@ 2013-09-14  5:09   ` cherry