* [9fans] Print Screen?
@ 2014-11-08 19:20 Mats Olsson
From: Mats Olsson @ 2014-11-08 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi Y'all!

Just a simple question: Is it possible to print the screen in Plan 9?
The question just popped up and I'm not able to make some tests right
now. Haven't found any info about it.

Kind greetings,
Mats

* Re: [9fans] Print Screen?
@ 2014-11-08 19:23 ` sl
From: sl @ 2014-11-08 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Is it possible to print the screen in Plan 9?

topng </dev/screen >screen.png

sl

* Re: [9fans] Print Screen?
@ 2014-11-08 19:23 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2014-11-08 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

topng < /dev/screen > /tmp/screenshot.png

On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Mats Olsson <plan9.meo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Y'all!
>
> Just a simple question: Is it possible to print the screen in Plan 9?
> The question just popped up and I'm not able to make some tests right
> now. Haven't found any info about it.
>
> Kind greetings,
> Mats

* Re: [9fans] Print Screen?
@ 2014-11-08 19:27   ` Quintile
From: Quintile @ 2014-11-08 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

your job, add this to

http://www.plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Tip_o'_the_day/index.html

I thought it was there.

-Steve

> On 8 Nov 2014, at 19:23, andrey mirtchovski <mirtchovski@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> topng < /dev/screen > /tmp/screenshot.png
>
>> On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Mats Olsson <plan9.meo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Y'all!
>>
>> Just a simple question: Is it possible to print the screen in Plan 9?
>> The question just popped up and I'm not able to make some tests right
>> now. Haven't found any info about it.
>>
>> Kind greetings,
>> Mats

* Re: [9fans] Print Screen?
@ 2014-11-08 19:32     ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2014-11-08 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

"how do i take a screenshot" has always been in the FAQ:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/comp-os/plan9-faq/

On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 12:27 PM, Quintile <steve@quintile.net> wrote:
> your job, add this to
>
> http://www.plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Tip_o'_the_day/index.html
>
> I thought it was there.
>
> -Steve
>

>> On 8 Nov 2014, at 19:23, andrey mirtchovski <mirtchovski@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> topng < /dev/screen > /tmp/screenshot.png
>>
>>> On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Mats Olsson <plan9.meo@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Y'all!
>>>
>>> Just a simple question: Is it possible to print the screen in Plan 9?
>>> The question just popped up and I'm not able to make some tests right
>>> now. Haven't found any info about it.
>>>
>>> Kind greetings,
>>> Mats

* Re: [9fans] Print Screen?
@ 2014-11-08 21:08       ` Mats Olsson
From: Mats Olsson @ 2014-11-08 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Thanks for your help! I'll se if I improve on getting the answers
myself. But my situation makes it hard to focus at the moment (e.g. my
girls). Thanks again!!!
Kind greetings,
Mats