* [9fans] Too big a monitor for Acme?
@ 2012-12-29  0:12 Jacek Masiulaniec
From: Jacek Masiulaniec @ 2012-12-29  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I am planning an upgrade of my 24" display. At first I wanted a 30",
but am now having some doubts regarding acme experience on these
larger displays.

Did you notice significant mousing overhead, owing to the area increase?

Were speed/acceleration tweaks sufficient to mask it?

Any report is welcome, as I have no test system.

Thanks.

Jacek

* Re: [9fans] Too big a monitor for Acme?
@ 2012-12-29  0:25 ` Matthew Veety
From: Matthew Veety @ 2012-12-29  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

It works great. More columns the better really.

@ 2012-12-29  1:39   ` David Arroyo
From: David Arroyo @ 2012-12-29  1:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Acme workflow scales absolutely fantastically to a large monitor. I
would say it is one of Acme's strong points. I recently upgraded to a
27" 2560x1440 display. It's pretty great to have four wide columns
(five if you have a thin one for directory listings) in a single
window. The mouse-warping helps a lot with the increased area. So if
you have some unique setup that doesn't properly move your mouse (like
using Xming on windows to run p9p acme on a remote unix host), you'll
want to get that looked at.

Cheers,
David A.

@ 2012-12-31 11:32     ` Peter A. Cejchan
From: Peter A. Cejchan @ 2012-12-31 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> 27" 2560x1440 display. It's pretty great to have four wide columns

If you are on native Plan9, what graphics card do you use?

Thanks, regards,
++pac

* Re: [9fans] Too big a monitor for Acme?
@ 2012-12-31 18:21       ` David Arroyo
From: David Arroyo @ 2012-12-31 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Sorry, I run plan9 as a CPU server use drawterm on windows.