* [9fans] could this work?
@ 2011-07-09 16:01 Josh Marshall
From: Josh Marshall @ 2011-07-09 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello!

I'm new to plan9 and have been following this mailing list for about a
month.  I've been trying to get through the mountain of reading, but I'm not
done.  I want to know if plan9 will work on my set up.

Clevo w86cu laptop, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 1080p screen, nvidia GTX 285 graphics
card, intel core i7 740QM processor (4 physical cores, 8 effective cores),
256GB SSD partitianed with GUID (the gnu "gpt" version) with gnacktrack
revision 6 installed(a ubuntu linux derivative)

I was hoping to get this to run natively for a programming environment, and
win 7 pro for mandatory visual basic classes at my university.

also, my spell checker on this is broken, please forgive spelling errors
because it tells me that everything is misspelled.