* [9fans] pxeboot & tftpd
@ 2012-03-06 21:38 Jeff Sickel
From: Jeff Sickel @ 2012-03-06 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I've been taking the time to finally setup pxeboot for a few new projects.  Oddly, or maybe not, I'm wanting to run dhcpd and tftpd on /net.alt instead of /net.  Doing so highlights a subtle point that I've clearly missed in the whole namespace documentation and network configuration.

ip/dhcpd -x /net.alt works perfectly well but ip/tftpd -x /net.alt will fail unless you've got a custom /lib/namespace  or /cfg/$sysname/namespace that includes something similar to the following:

# alt networks
bind -b '#l1' /net.alt
bind -b '#I1' /net.alt
mount -a /srv/cs_net.alt /net.alt
mount -a /srv/dns_net.alt /net.alt

There may a better way, but so far that's the only thing I've found to make tftpd work off of /net.alt.

-jas