* [9fans] pkg(1) and tbz2
@ 2015-02-19 11:01 Giacomo Tesio
From: Giacomo Tesio @ 2015-02-19 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi, with the hope to port a (complex) tool to plan9 I've found this
interesting repo with an updated ape + gcc + some other useful
tools...

http://marcus.biz.tm/files/

I tried to set the pkgpath to that url but pkg/list only show the two
packages named ".tbz2" (lighthttp and m4).

I noted that all files in http://9front.org/pkg/386/ are tbz.

I'd like to know if (and how) I could install the tar.gz and tar.bz2
packages from that repo or I have to manually download them, repackage
as with pkg/create and then install from a local pkgpath.

Thanks for your help!

Giacomo

* Re: [9fans] pkg(1) and tbz2
@ 2015-02-19 11:24 ` Álvaro Jurado
From: Álvaro Jurado @ 2015-02-19 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I don't think it can work with pkg.
Note that it isn't a "repo" and has only 72 KB/s max uploading rate. So it
means that will be very slow and
none of that packages was set to work with pkg tool. In most cases they are
only sources.
And I think gcc bootstrap will be more complicated that a simple pkg/create.

Álvaro Jurado Cuevas

> Hi, with the hope to port a (complex) tool to plan9 I've found this
> interesting repo with an updated ape + gcc + some other useful
> tools...
>
> http://marcus.biz.tm/files/
>
> I tried to set the pkgpath to that url but pkg/list only show the two
> packages named ".tbz2" (lighthttp and m4).
>
> I noted that all files in http://9front.org/pkg/386/ are tbz.
>
> I'd like to know if (and how) I could install the tar.gz and tar.bz2
> packages from that repo or I have to manually download them, repackage
> as with pkg/create and then install from a local pkgpath.
>

> Thanks for your help!
>

> Giacomo

* Re: [9fans] pkg(1) and tbz2
@ 2015-02-19 11:30   ` Giacomo Tesio
From: Giacomo Tesio @ 2015-02-19 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

So have  I any hope to compile them?

Giacomo

> I don't think it can work with pkg.
> Note that it isn't a "repo" and has only 72 KB/s max uploading rate. So it
> means that will be very slow and
> none of that packages was set to work with pkg tool. In most cases they are
> only sources.
> And I think gcc bootstrap will be more complicated that a simple pkg/create.
>
> Álvaro Jurado Cuevas

>> Hi, with the hope to port a (complex) tool to plan9 I've found this
>> interesting repo with an updated ape + gcc + some other useful
>> tools...
>>
>> http://marcus.biz.tm/files/
>>
>> I tried to set the pkgpath to that url but pkg/list only show the two
>> packages named ".tbz2" (lighthttp and m4).
>>
>> I noted that all files in http://9front.org/pkg/386/ are tbz.
>>
>> I'd like to know if (and how) I could install the tar.gz and tar.bz2
>> packages from that repo or I have to manually download them, repackage
>> as with pkg/create and then install from a local pkgpath.
>>

>> Thanks for your help!
>>

>> Giacomo

* Re: [9fans] pkg(1) and tbz2
@ 2015-02-19 11:46     ` Álvaro Jurado
From: Álvaro Jurado @ 2015-02-19 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

First, you need a gcc to compile gcc. There is a complete set here
<https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6YNt0aHfaA0am1oNGNSR3pXU1U&usp=sharing#list>
(get
more recent), and a clue about configures here
<http://marcus.biz.tm/files/configure.txt>.
But I'm sure that 9fans list don't want any noise about this. So ask there
where you found that soft.

Álvaro Jurado Cuevas
colmenar.biz.tm

> So have  I any hope to compile them?
>
> Giacomo

> > I don't think it can work with pkg.
> > Note that it isn't a "repo" and has only 72 KB/s max uploading rate. So
> it
> > means that will be very slow and
> > none of that packages was set to work with pkg tool. In most cases they
> are
> > only sources.
> > And I think gcc bootstrap will be more complicated that a simple
> pkg/create.
> >
> > Álvaro Jurado Cuevas

> >> Hi, with the hope to port a (complex) tool to plan9 I've found this
> >> interesting repo with an updated ape + gcc + some other useful
> >> tools...
> >>
> >> http://marcus.biz.tm/files/
> >>
> >> I tried to set the pkgpath to that url but pkg/list only show the two
> >> packages named ".tbz2" (lighthttp and m4).
> >>
> >> I noted that all files in http://9front.org/pkg/386/ are tbz.
> >>
> >> I'd like to know if (and how) I could install the tar.gz and tar.bz2
> >> packages from that repo or I have to manually download them, repackage
> >> as with pkg/create and then install from a local pkgpath.
> >>

> >> Thanks for your help!
> >>

> >> Giacomo

* Re: [9fans] pkg(1) and tbz2
@ 2015-02-19 13:40       ` Giacomo Tesio