* [9fans] Libc locks documentation
@ 2016-03-24 19:56 Giacomo Tesio
From: Giacomo Tesio @ 2016-03-24 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi, I'm a bit ignorant but I cannot recognise the algorithms in qlock.c.

Where I can find more documentation about them? Any paper I can read?

For example the rsleep/rwakeup always look a bit magic in its coupling with
qlocks. I'd really like to know more about these algorithms, but given
their use of rendezvous I can't find anything related.

Can you provide me some references?

Giacomo

* Re: [9fans] Libc locks documentation
@ 2016-03-25 16:38 ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2016-03-25 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

If you look for "condition variables" for event notification,
you'll find relevant material, such as this paper
https://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~brewer/cs262/Mesa.pdf
which has a few references in it too. There's a little evolutionary history
of them somewhere.

@ 2016-03-25 19:47   ` Giacomo Tesio
From: Giacomo Tesio @ 2016-03-25 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs