* [9fans] P9p from osx to ubuntu
@ 2015-04-18  8:35 jordi collell
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: jordi collell @ 2015-04-18  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm new here. Is just my thirth month with acme but i completly addicted to
it ;)

I just switched from the p9p from osx to ubuntu and I miss some features.

On my laptop there is a trackpad with two buttons.. But i don't know how to
get middle click. I just tryied to remap it to a three touch but seems it
doesn't work in p9p Any hint or suggestion on how i can do it? Perhaps i
can patch devdraw in like in osx ( where u can get it with meta and ctrl)

Another think.. But this is not related to the switch. Someone can share
some script for having two acme instance working with plumbers on different
namespaces?

There is another issue with high xdpi. But i think is related to x window
and on the end if I keep the 1980x1040 res all works perfect with a nice
antialias :)

* Re: [9fans] P9p from osx to ubuntu
@ 2015-04-18  8:41 ` Mark van Atten
From: Mark van Atten @ 2015-04-18  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 10:35 AM, jordi collell <jordic@gmail.com> wrote:

> Another think.. But this is not related to the switch. Someone can share
> some script for having two acme instance working with plumbers on different
> namespaces?

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.plan9.general/67679/focus=67684

Mark.

* Re: [9fans] P9p from osx to ubuntu
@ 2015-04-18 15:22 ` Ryan
From: Ryan @ 2015-04-18 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs, jordi collell

jordi collell <jordic@gmail.com> wrote:
>I'm new here. Is just my thirth month with acme but i completly
>addicted to
>it ;)
>
>I just switched from the p9p from osx to ubuntu and I miss some
>features.
>
>On my laptop there is a trackpad with two buttons.. But i don't know
>how to
>get middle click. I just tryied to remap it to a three touch but seems
>it
>doesn't work in p9p Any hint or suggestion on how i can do it? Perhaps
>can patch devdraw in like in osx ( where u can get it with meta and
>ctrl)

I think it's Control-click or Shift-click.

>Another think.. But this is not related to the switch. Someone can
>share
>some script for having two acme instance working with plumbers on
>different
>namespaces?
>
>There is another issue with high xdpi. But i think is related to x
>window
>and on the end if I keep the 1980x1040 res all works perfect with a
>nice
>antialias :)

Check out my website: http://kirbyfan64.github.io/

* Re: [9fans] P9p from osx to ubuntu
@ 2015-04-18 16:52   ` Sean Hinchee
From: Sean Hinchee @ 2015-04-18 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Synaptics can be rigged to emulate middle click, works for me.

synclient 3=2 &

@ 2015-04-20 14:59 ` Mathieu Lonjaret
From: Mathieu Lonjaret @ 2015-04-20 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs