* Stdout and stderr of remote cmd not returned in acme window
@ 2019-12-12  8:26 Alexander Kapshuk
From: Alexander Kapshuk @ 2019-12-12  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

When running a command remotely via ssh2 in acme/win, I get both
stdout and stderr:
% ssh2 host date
Thu Dec 12 10:21:27 EET 2019
% ssh2 host nodate
ksh: nodate:  not found.

However, when running those same commands in an acme window,
stdout/stderr are not returned:
<ssh2 host date
<nothing returned here>

Running a command locally in an acme window works fine though.
What could be causing this?

Any pointers would be much appreciated.
Alexander Kapshuk.

* Re: [9fans] Stdout and stderr of remote cmd not returned in acme window
@ 2019-12-13  9:39 ` Sergey Zhilkin
From: Sergey Zhilkin @ 2019-12-13  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm bit confused, but, what mean:
- remotely
- acme/win
- acme window

Could you, please, give more details. :)

чт, 12 дек. 2019 г. в 11:27, Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@gmail.com
>:

> When running a command remotely via ssh2 in acme/win, I get both
> stdout and stderr:
> % ssh2 host date
> Thu Dec 12 10:21:27 EET 2019
> % ssh2 host nodate
> ksh: nodate:  not found.
>
> However, when running those same commands in an acme window,
> stdout/stderr are not returned:
> <ssh2 host date
> <nothing returned here>
>
> Running a command locally in an acme window works fine though.
> What could be causing this?
>
> Any pointers would be much appreciated.
> Alexander Kapshuk.

С наилучшими пожеланиями
Жилкин Сергей
With best regards
Zhilkin Sergey

* Re: [9fans] Stdout and stderr of remote cmd not returned in acme window
@ 2019-12-13  9:50   ` Alexander Kapshuk
From: Alexander Kapshuk @ 2019-12-13  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Sure.
By remotely, I meant executing a command via ssh2 and returning stdout
of the command executed on a remote host in an acme window by typing
'<ssh2 host cmd' in a new or existing acme window, and executing it
via mouse button 2.
By acme/win, I meant win(1):
Support programs
          Win creates a new acme window and runs a command (default
          /bin/rc) in it, turning the window into something analogous
          to an rio(1) window.  Executing text in a win window with
          button 2 is similar to using Send.

Hope this clarifies things.
Thanks.