* [9fans] drawterm for OSX 10.8
@ 2012-10-13  1:04 Jeff Sickel
From: Jeff Sickel @ 2012-10-13  1:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've placed a fork of drawterm up on https://bitbucket.org/jas/drawterm-cocoa/overview that is specifically targeted towards supporting the recent Mac OS X 10.8 releases that dropped earlier Carbon APIs.  A portion of the screen drawing is very similar to what is found in p9p's devdraw, with the exception that window resize- and full-screen options are not available at this time.  Build it on a OSX with Xcode 4.5+ using the simple command:

	make 'CONF=osx-cocoa'

The result will provide a Mach-O 64-bit executable for use on recent Macs.  If someone wants to build it on an OS X 10.7 target then you can take a look at the Make.osx-cocoa file and modify ARCHFLAGS appropriately.

I'll be pushing out changes to the port as I roll in updates from Plan 9 sources and add new features for OS X.  Send feedback as you see fit.

-jas

* Re: [9fans] drawterm for OSX 10.8
@ 2012-10-13  4:18 ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2012-10-13  4:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

first try, after setting isysroot to 1.7, etc. it mostly compiles with
warnings. eventually it errors on "redefinition of typedef 'Cursor'"
compiling screen-cocoa.m. i'll try again tomorrow -- with a clear
head.

@ 2012-10-13 16:42   ` Jeff Sickel
From: Jeff Sickel @ 2012-10-13 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

This was added to the top of include/cursor.h:

typedef struct Cursor Cursor;

so it's safe to remove that line from screen-cocoa.m.  I've got that change w/a load of others I'll push soon.

-jas

@ 2012-10-13 17:07     ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2012-10-13 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Thank you!

@ 2012-10-23 16:37       ` Jeff Sickel
From: Jeff Sickel @ 2012-10-23 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Another set of changes have been pushed to https://bitbucket.org/jas/drawterm-cocoa that support resize/reshape of the OS X window.  There are still a few drawing glitches once a window is resized, but those should be fixed in short order.

The drawterm-cocoa fork has a branch named 'p9' that I've used for these changes.  Use that branch until everything is merged back to default.  All comments & criticisms are welcome through any communication vector available.

This work has been sponsored and © coraid 2012 under the plan 9 open source license.

@ 2012-10-23 16:50         ` Nemo
From: Nemo @ 2012-10-23 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

that's great, thanks!

btw, anyone using 9vx or inferno there? (10.8)

@ 2012-10-24  0:53           ` Jeff Sickel
From: Jeff Sickel @ 2012-10-24  0:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I use 9vx regularly and will be looking at a Cocoa update to support 10.8 in my spare time.  If another levitator order comes through, Inferno on 10.8 will be a prerequisite.

-jas