* [9fans] unix 8th/10th edition sources
@ 2017-04-01  9:09 Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2017-04-01  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

in case you've not seen the announcement on twitter, Rob announced that the
sources for v8 and v10 have been released:
https://twitter.com/rob_pike/status/846780261350096896

you can find everything here:
http://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Distributions/Research/

0intro has instructions on how to run them on SIMH. lastly 0intro sent out
instructions on how to use ɔıuɐd‾ʃǝuɹǝʞ's Blit terminal emulator on Plan 9
to access those unix distros:
http://minnie.tuhs.org/pipermail/tuhs/2017-March/009440.html

-Skip

* Re: [9fans] unix 8th/10th edition sources
@ 2017-04-01  9:51 ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2017-04-01  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

it's aiju's, not cinap_lenrek's blit emulator.

@ 2017-04-02  0:21   ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2017-04-02  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Thanks for the correction. I saw that in David's email, but I was confused
by the "author:" header when looking at blit.c with the hg web interface:

http://code.9front.org/hg/plan9front/file/dc783947692e/sys/src/games/blit/blit.c

it probably refers to a change submitted by cinap.

@ 2017-04-02  0:29     ` Kurt H Maier
From: Kurt H Maier @ 2017-04-02  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sun, Apr 02, 2017 at 12:21:58AM +0000, Skip Tavakkolian wrote:
> Thanks for the correction. I saw that in David's email, but I was confused
> by the "author:" header when looking at blit.c with the hg web interface:
>
> http://code.9front.org/hg/plan9front/file/dc783947692e/sys/src/games/blit/blit.c
>
> it probably refers to a change submitted by cinap.

It does.  All that header stuff is about the changeset you're looking
at; for an actual file history you could use

http://code.9front.org/hg/plan9front/log/dc783947692e/sys/src/games/blit/blit.c

(note the 'log' in place of the 'file' in the url).  Of course 'file'
shows the latest changeset log, and 'log' shows the change history of a
specific file!

khm