* [9fans] why u.h, why qid?
@ 2014-05-08  5:45 Yoann Padioleau
From: Yoann Padioleau @ 2014-05-08  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi,

I was wondering what was the reasons for the name u.h? Is it because
it has lots of uxxx type in it?

Also what is the meaning of Qid. What the Q stands for?

* Re: [9fans] why u.h, why qid?
@ 2014-05-09 20:23 ` Yoann Padioleau
From: Yoann Padioleau @ 2014-05-09 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

No answer? Nobody knows or my question is stupid?
I really search for the history of QID and why this Q but could
not find anything …

@ 2014-05-09 20:31   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2014-05-09 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri May  9 16:25:44 EDT 2014, pad@fb.com wrote:
> No answer? Nobody knows or my question is stupid?
> I really search for the history of QID and why this Q but could
> not find anything …

the question is interesting, but i don't know the answer.
i don't know the origin of u.h, either.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] why u.h, why qid?
@ 2014-05-09 20:58   ` Skip Tavakkolian