* [9fans] shell for wins in p9p acme
@ 2011-08-11  8:39 Mathieu Lonjaret
From: Mathieu Lonjaret @ 2011-08-11  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi,

what's the best solution if I want all the wins I open in acme to
automatically have rc as a shell (with -l, so that my lib/profile has
been read too), while still keeping bash as my SHELL when I'm out of
acme, for various reasons.
So far I simply have a script/launcher for acme that exports the SHELL
to rc before starting acme, but I still have to source lib/profile
everytime I open a new win, which is a bit annoying.

Of course I could change src/cmd/9term/rcstart.c, but if there's a
less intrusive solution I'd like to hear it please.

Cheers,
Mathieu

* Re: [9fans] shell for wins in p9p acme
@ 2011-08-11  8:55 ` roger peppe
From: roger peppe @ 2011-08-11  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

why do you want to source lib/profile every time you open a new win?
it's conventional to source it only once, and then rely on inherited
environment variables.

anyway, if you really wanted to do that, you could just
make a script, say rc-l,

#!/bin/rc
exec rc -l $*

and set SHELL=rc-l