* [9fans] NDB Error
@ 2014-02-24 21:27 Shane Morris
From: Shane Morris @ 2014-02-24 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello 9fans,

I get the error as seen in the screenshot - I highly suspect this is
because the internet connection I'm using at present is pretty dodgy, but I
stand to be corrected if I'm wrong about this. I am using DCHP for the
bridging on my Mac. I will try to reinstall when I'm at uni later today.

Many thanks!

Shane.

[-- Attachment #2: plan 9 error.jpg --]
[-- Type: image/jpeg, Size: 124635 bytes --]

* Re: [9fans] NDB Error
@ 2014-02-24 21:37 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2014-02-24 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Hello 9fans,
>
> I get the error as seen in the screenshot - I highly suspect this is
> because the internet connection I'm using at present is pretty dodgy, but I
> stand to be corrected if I'm wrong about this. I am using DCHP for the
> bridging on my Mac. I will try to reinstall when I'm at uni later today.
>
> Many thanks!

as the error message describes, your new fs is missing /lib.  perhaps that is
because it ndb was invoked at the wrong point.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] NDB Error
@ 2014-02-24 21:40 ` Iruatã Souza
From: Iruatã Souza @ 2014-02-24 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

to avoid confusion: it is a 9front install

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 6:27 PM, Shane Morris <edgecomberts@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello 9fans,
>
> I get the error as seen in the screenshot - I highly suspect this is because
> the internet connection I'm using at present is pretty dodgy, but I stand to
> be corrected if I'm wrong about this. I am using DCHP for the bridging on my
> Mac. I will try to reinstall when I'm at uni later today.
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Shane.

* Re: [9fans] NDB Error
@ 2014-02-24 21:43   ` Bence Fábián
From: Bence Fábián @ 2014-02-24 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Certainly not a network error. As Erik pointed out, you don't have that
directoriy.

My guess is that some steps weren't done in the right order.
Try doing mountfs again.

> > Hello 9fans,
> >
> > I get the error as seen in the screenshot - I highly suspect this is
> > because the internet connection I'm using at present is pretty dodgy,
> but I
> > stand to be corrected if I'm wrong about this. I am using DCHP for the
> > bridging on my Mac. I will try to reinstall when I'm at uni later today.
> >
> > Many thanks!
>
> as the error message describes, your new fs is missing /lib.  perhaps that
> is
> because it ndb was invoked at the wrong point.
>
> - erik

* Re: [9fans] NDB Error
@ 2014-02-24 21:46   ` Bence Fábián
From: Bence Fábián @ 2014-02-24 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

or copydist maybe because i don't see that among the done tasks

> to avoid confusion: it is a 9front install
>
> On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 6:27 PM, Shane Morris <edgecomberts@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello 9fans,
> >
> > I get the error as seen in the screenshot - I highly suspect this is
> because
> > the internet connection I'm using at present is pretty dodgy, but I
> stand to
> > be corrected if I'm wrong about this. I am using DCHP for the bridging
> on my
> > Mac. I will try to reinstall when I'm at uni later today.
> >
> > Many thanks!
> >
> > Shane.

* Re: [9fans] NDB Error
@ 2014-02-25  4:29     ` Shane Morris
From: Shane Morris @ 2014-02-25  4:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Ok, I'd copied the dist over, and still I get the same error. Let me try
again.

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 8:46 AM, Bence Fábián <begnoc@gmail.com> wrote:

> or copydist maybe because i don't see that among the done tasks

> to avoid confusion: it is a 9front install
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 6:27 PM, Shane Morris <edgecomberts@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hello 9fans,
>> >
>> > I get the error as seen in the screenshot - I highly suspect this is
>> because
>> > the internet connection I'm using at present is pretty dodgy, but I
>> stand to
>> > be corrected if I'm wrong about this. I am using DCHP for the bridging
>> on my
>> > Mac. I will try to reinstall when I'm at uni later today.
>> >
>> > Many thanks!
>> >
>> > Shane.

* Re: [9fans] NDB Error
@ 2014-02-25  4:48       ` Shane Morris