* [9fans] For the more esoteric mind...
@ 2014-06-30  5:08 Shane Morris
From: Shane Morris @ 2014-06-30  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello 9fans,

I have an itching need for some Plan 9 promotional posters for my new room
in the student accommodation here in Newcastle. I was thinking of getting
the immortal IWP9 4e "Submit" poster printed on glossy paper at about A3
size, and mounting it on my wall, and possibly the "Time Tunnel" logo in
the PDF that floated through the group earlier in the year.

However, if anyone has any promotional material they have obtained, and
willing to part with, or otherwise had produced themselves, and are willing
to part with, I'd be most interested.

I wonder what the Newcastle Uni CompSci people are going to think of my
inane Plan 9 ramblings... perhaps these posters will persuade them, I am
the real deal...

Many thanks!

Shane.

* Re: [9fans] For the more esoteric mind...
@ 2014-06-30  6:02 ` Peter D. Finn
From: Peter D. Finn @ 2014-06-30  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi Shane,

I did some off-the-wall promotional posters a while back.  They can be found here: http://pdf.multics.org/Propaganda/

They might need some adjustment for A4 stock—since they are all designed to be printed with an edge-bleed.

I also did the `time tunnel’ logo; I’ve been meaning to post a highly-tunned final version and some variations, but got side-tracked with a rather demanding PhD.  I should really just stop making excuses and finish it.  So there is no real final version of that yet—though the version I posted is so close to finished that it probably does not make any difference, so feel free to use that (I tend to let the perfect be the enemy of the good all too often).

Best,
Peter

@ 2014-06-30  7:03   ` Peter D. Finn
From: Peter D. Finn @ 2014-06-30  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> They might need some adjustment for A4 stock since they are all
> designed to be printed with an edge-bleed.

Sorry, I meant A3.

PDF

* Re: [9fans] For the more esoteric mind...
@ 2014-06-30 19:05 ` sl
From: sl @ 2014-06-30 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Feel free to borrow any of the images from here:

http://9front.org/propaganda/

sl

* Re: [9fans] For the more esoteric mind...
@ 2014-06-30 23:18   ` Shane Morris
From: Shane Morris @ 2014-06-30 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Yes, I've seen the 9front "propaganda" pictures - particularly love the
German Engineering pics!

@ 2014-06-30 23:50   ` Riddler
From: Riddler @ 2014-06-30 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hah, never seen these before.
Love the ”Follow the white rabbit" one Peter!

* Re: [9fans] For the more esoteric mind...
@ 2014-06-30 23:56     ` Shane Morris
From: Shane Morris @ 2014-06-30 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs