* [9fans] refer for plan9port
@ 2012-02-06 10:17 Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2012-02-06 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

does anybody know about a 'refer' version for plan9port?

(I know there is a version for plan9 in the contrib, but I generally run p9p...)
(Also: I can't directly use the GNU refer, since it stumbles over
unicode characters in my texts.)

Until now I have been using the Heirloom version. But it seems to have
unexpectedly stopped working for some reason.

Thank you!
Ruda

* Re: [9fans] refer for plan9port
@ 2012-02-06 10:37 ` Peter A. Cejchan
From: Peter A. Cejchan @ 2012-02-06 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I have a 'refer' port somewhere in contrib/pac, I don't know whether it
runs on p9p, thgere are other's, too, give it a try ;)
best,

Peter.

@ 2012-02-06 11:37 ` Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2012-02-06 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Please, do you know what refer wants to say by

Too many hits: eschrig
The Fundamentals of Density Functional Theory
??? at refFile

??

I tried to change in the Heirloom code, refer/refer2.c
#define NFLD 30
#define NFLD 100

which improved my situation (in the code sent by Charles Forsyth,
there is a similar line though set to an even higher number, think
200). I, nonetheless don't know what that define actually defines. As
a matter of fact, there is no documentation. Anyway, after the change
I seem to be getting what I want with the Heirloom refer, however I am
also getting the warning/error above. (I don't use indxbib, just refer
-p refFile, so that I don't have those .ia, .ib, .ic, files, only an
refFile.ig; however even when I remove the .ig file and run refer, I
get the warning, too.)

Thanks for any comments!
Ruda