* [9fans] plan9port .XCompose suddenly doesn't work
@ 2015-01-21 16:12 Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2015-01-21 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

until recently I happily used a generated ~/.XCompose file on p9p
(see http://swtch.com/plan9port/man/man7/keyboard.html)
to be able to write various characters in a way similar to p9.
But now something must have changed.
I can use the composition in, say, xterm (it works),
but when I start acme (or sam), it doesn't work.

Contrary to running xterm, I do not see anything in the
output of

strace -e open acme |& grep Compose

Does somebody have a clue?

Thanks
Ruda

* Re: [9fans] plan9port .XCompose suddenly doesn't work
@ 2015-01-22  8:18 ` Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2015-01-22  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I am puzzled. Anyway, it actually works in acme too,
but differently than I remember from before.

I now have to press and *release* the compose key
and then continue; i.e. to write alpha I have to
- press left alt (my compose key)
- release left alt
- press shift and 8 (together it's *)
- release those
- press a

This is different from the behaviour in xterm, where the
compose key can be hold down during the step of shift+8.

So at least it works somehow.

Ruda