* [9fans] p9p ssh-agent and unix keys
@ 2015-09-09 15:55 Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2015-09-09 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello everyone,

I have an ssh key, id_rsa, generated with the unix tools.
I want to have it put into factotum and use it via p9p ssh-agent.
I now the id_rsa key is ok, I can use it to get to the remote system.

Now, I did this (in bash):

;killall ssh-agent
;killall factotum
;eval $(9 ssh-agent -e)
;factotum -n
;pemdecode 'RSA PRIVATE KEY' id_rsa | asn12rsa >rsa2
;cat rsa2 | 9p write -l factotum/ctl

but when I now issue
;9 ssh-agent -l

I get nothing (and really the ssh login doesn't work
if the original id_rsa is removed).

Can anybody help me?

Thanks!
Ruda

* Re: [9fans] p9p ssh-agent and unix keys
@ 2015-09-18 11:30 ` Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2015-09-18 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 9 September 2015 at 17:55, Rudolf Sykora <rudolf.sykora@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have an ssh key, id_rsa, generated with the unix tools.
> I want to have it put into factotum and use it via p9p ssh-agent.
> I now the id_rsa key is ok, I can use it to get to the remote system.
>
> Now, I did this (in bash):
>
> ;killall ssh-agent
> ;killall factotum
> ;eval $(9 ssh-agent -e)
> ;factotum -n
> ;pemdecode 'RSA PRIVATE KEY' id_rsa | asn12rsa >rsa2
> ;cat rsa2 | 9p write -l factotum/ctl
>
> but when I now issue
> ;9 ssh-agent -l
>
> I get nothing (and really the ssh login doesn't work
> if the original id_rsa is removed).

for the record:

I found out the produced rsa2 key has to have a

service=ssh-rsa

added; only then 9 ssh-agent finds it in factotum.
Finaly, everything works.

Ruda