* [9fans] snarf buffers under P9P and synergy, acme vs rio
@ 2006-09-28 21:37 Paul Lalonde
From: Paul Lalonde @ 2006-09-28 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

* Re: [9fans] snarf buffers under P9P and synergy, acme vs rio
@ 2006-09-28 21:54 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2006-09-28 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

At least if you've updated in the past two months,
acme and 9term should be using identical code
to read the snarf buffer from the window system.

Is the 9term window on Mac or on Linux?
If it's on the Mac, then that's the difference.

One possible solution is to run snarfer in the
background on whichever box the 9term is
currently helping out on.  Snarfer is like xclipboard,
without the gui.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] snarf buffers under P9P and synergy, acme vs rio
@ 2006-09-28 21:59   ` Paul Lalonde
From: Paul Lalonde @ 2006-09-28 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

* Re: [9fans] snarf buffers under P9P and synergy, acme vs rio
@ 2006-09-28 22:04     ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2006-09-28 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Magic words - "update in past two months."  I'm clearly much too
> accustomed to software that isn't on a continuous improvement cycle :-)

It's a rather discontinuous cycle, but I rewrote the
graphics code to be single threaded on July 12,
and that may have fixed a bunch of weird races.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] snarf buffers under P9P and synergy, acme vs rio
@ 2006-09-28 22:09       ` Paul Lalonde
From: Paul Lalonde @ 2006-09-28 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs