* Re: [9fans] novice question -- attaching a kfs filesystem over net
@ 2004-04-29 20:06 ` 9nut
From: 9nut @ 2004-04-29 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I have a cpu server with kfs; I want to attach its file system
> from another machine. I execute
>
> srv -m net!xotic xotic /n/xotic
>
> (xotic is the cpu server). But the only user I can authenticate
> with is the user that owns processes on the cpu server (bootes).
>
> What should I set up to be able to authenticate as any kfs
> user?

In cpurc make kfs listen for its requests on the standard (or not)
protocol & port. Check kfscmd listen

* [9fans] novice question -- attaching a kfs filesystem over net
@ 2004-04-29 20:44 David Tolpin
From: David Tolpin @ 2004-04-29 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

I know it should be something simple which I don't understand.

I have a cpu server with kfs; I want to attach its file system
from another machine. I execute

srv -m net!xotic xotic /n/xotic

(xotic is the cpu server). But the only user I can authenticate
with is the user that owns processes on the cpu server (bootes).

What should I set up to be able to authenticate as any kfs
user?

David

* Re: [9fans] novice question -- attaching a kfs filesystem over net
@ 2004-04-29 21:02 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2004-04-29 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> (xotic is the cpu server). But the only user I can authenticate
> with is the user that owns processes on the cpu server (bootes).
>
> What should I set up to be able to authenticate as any kfs
> user?

An authentication server?

Russ