* RE: [9fans] text search in PDF?
@ 2004-05-14 13:04 Trickey, Howard W (Howard)
From: Trickey, Howard W (Howard) @ 2004-05-14 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs'

>> some PS/PDF (i've confirmed what i'm about to say in one, but
>> not both, and can't remember which) files include the actual
>> text of their content;

> iirc it's PS, but it's a nasty problem anyway.

it's not strictly PS, though they share the imaging model and "The PDF
operators for setting the graphics state and painting graphics
objects are similar to the corresponding operators in the
PostScript language".  Close enough to PS for text searching.
The main annoyance is that PDF files usually compress their
content after a short bit of PS-like prolog.

* [9fans] text search in PDF?
@ 2004-05-14  6:03 cej
From: cej @ 2004-05-14  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi, folks!

Can I look for a string while browsing a PS/PDF (in page). If not, would it be difficult to implement?
No one else misses this feature?

Thanks, regards,
Peter.

Peter A. Cejchan
Lab of Paleobiology and Paleoecology
Institute of Geology
Academy of Sciences
Rozvojova 135
16502 Prague, Czechia
http://www.gli.cas.cz/home/cejchan

---
Odchozí zpráva obsahuje viry.
Verze: 6.0.682 / Virová báze: 444 - datum vydání: 11. 5. 2004