* Re: [9fans] Brightstar PPC ipEngine Boxes?
@ 2000-07-07 16:26 miller
From: miller @ 2000-07-07 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Stephen Wynne <stevemw@place.org> writes:

> Is anyone outside the Labs experimenting with the PowerPC hardware
> they mentioned at USENIX from http://www.brightstareng.com/ yet? I'd
> like to build a firewall with something like this. Do we have what we
> need to run this in the latest distribution?

Yes -- I'm the one who mentioned the BrightStar ipengine (powerpc)
at Usenix, and I'm "outside the Labs".  I hope to have Plan 9 running on
it fairly soon.

-- Richard Miller

* Re: [9fans] Brightstar PPC ipEngine Boxes?
@ 2000-07-07 19:42 pip
From: pip @ 2000-07-07 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: forsyth, 9fans

Oh, I guess I should have made it clear that our use of the
BSE nanoEngine boards is _not_ to run Plan 9. We are using
them for a "ubiquitous computing" project, and they'll be
running eEK.
-
pip

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 5925 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 451 bytes --]

>>Yes. We are going to use their nanoEngine SA-1110
>>board for a project here at Rutgers. We were originally

i'm currently updating the arm/strongarm compiler.
i should make it available on monday, assuming a drop
in interruption frequency.

of course, the sa1100 is not powerpc, so none of this answer's
stephen's question.  we have a powerpc brightstar at vita but
only scratched the surface of a port before Other Things intervened.

[-- Attachment #2.1.2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3912 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2.1.2.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 188 bytes --]

Yes. We are going to use their nanoEngine SA-1110
board for a project here at Rutgers. We were originally
going to use the Hitachi CardEngine, but run into supply
problems.
-
pip

[-- Attachment #2.1.2.1.2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1855 bytes --]

From: Stephen Wynne <stevemw@mindspring.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] Brightstar PPC ipEngine Boxes?
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 01:41:36 -0400

@ 2000-07-07 19:10 pip
From: pip @ 2000-07-07 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stevemw, 9fans

Yes. We are going to use their nanoEngine SA-1110
board for a project here at Rutgers. We were originally
going to use the Hitachi CardEngine, but run into supply
problems.
-
pip

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1855 bytes --]

From: Stephen Wynne <stevemw@mindspring.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 01:41:36 -0400

@ 2000-07-07 15:22 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2000-07-07 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>>Yes. We are going to use their nanoEngine SA-1110
>>board for a project here at Rutgers. We were originally

i'm currently updating the arm/strongarm compiler.
i should make it available on monday, assuming a drop
in interruption frequency.

of course, the sa1100 is not powerpc, so none of this answer's
stephen's question.  we have a powerpc brightstar at vita but
only scratched the surface of a port before Other Things intervened.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3912 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 188 bytes --]

Yes. We are going to use their nanoEngine SA-1110
board for a project here at Rutgers. We were originally
going to use the Hitachi CardEngine, but run into supply
problems.
-
pip

[-- Attachment #2.1.2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1855 bytes --]

From: Stephen Wynne <stevemw@mindspring.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 01:41:36 -0400

@ 2000-07-07  5:41 Stephen Wynne