* Re: [9fans] /net/ip*
@ 2001-01-26 15:02 nigel
From: nigel @ 2001-01-26 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Serves my right for trusting the gnet.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1679 bytes --]

From: "Boyd Roberts" <boyd@planete.net>
To: <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] /net/ip*
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 15:52:08 +0100

> If I were Russian, I might say "niet".

nyet, although it is written:

    HET

H = n
E = ye
T = t

i did a bit of russian and can still read cyrillic, slowly :-)

ps. i lucked out that i could render it in ascii.

* Re: [9fans] /net/ip*
@ 2001-01-26 15:02 nigel
From: nigel @ 2001-01-26 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Serves me right for trusting the gnet.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1679 bytes --]

From: "Boyd Roberts" <boyd@planete.net>
To: <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 15:52:08 +0100

@ 2001-01-26 14:52 ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2001-01-26 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2001-01-26 14:42 nigel
From: nigel @ 2001-01-26 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

If I were Russian, I might say "niet".

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1569 bytes --]

From: splite@purdue.edu
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 09:34:28 -0500

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 07:23:35PM -0500, presotto@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:
> The way to build a nat with plan 9 is to set up 2 ip stacks, open

Not to pick a nit, but should a nut with a Gnot on the 'net build a nat?

* Re: [9fans] /net/ip*
@ 2001-01-26 14:34 ` splite
From: splite @ 2001-01-26 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2001-01-26  0:23 presotto
From: presotto @ 2001-01-26  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The way to build a nat with plan 9 is to set up 2 ip stacks, open
a pkt interface on each one, and start a process that does
the translation by xfering packets from one to the other:

Look at ppp to see how to use a packet interface.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1796 bytes --]

From: Latchesar Ionkov <lucho@gmx.net>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] /net/ip*
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 17:40:15 -0500

Hi,

I am trying to write a simple program that does network address translation in
Plan9. I am using /net/ipmux to get the packets I need to modify, but I
don't quite understand where to write these packets after I modify them :)

So far I see two choices: /net/ipmux/<nn>/data and /net/ipifc/<nn>/data. I
tried both of them but I don't see any packet going out or I see the packet
receiving from the filter again.

Any ideas what should I do?

Thanks,
	Lucho