* [9fans] Q: devices
@ 2002-01-08 10:04 pac
From: pac @ 2002-01-08 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Friends,
I still can't mount my ext2 partition, however, it is probably not due to ext2srv,
but perhaps non-existing devices (I've changed disks several times and I do not remember
the orig configuration during installation.)
My quiestion is: when and how do the /dev/sd* appear in my system (standalone terminal),
or, how do I change it when new disks differently partitioned are added.

TIA,
++pac.

This is listing of disk devices:
term% ls /dev/sd*
/dev/sdC0/ctl
/dev/sdC0/data
/dev/sdC0/linux
/dev/sdC0/log
/dev/sdC0/raw
/dev/sdC1/ctl
/dev/sdC1/log
/dev/sdC1/raw
/dev/sdD0/9fat
/dev/sdD0/ctl
/dev/sdD0/data
/dev/sdD0/fs
/dev/sdD0/log
/dev/sdD0/plan9
/dev/sdD0/raw
/dev/sdD0/swap

* Re: [9fans] Q: devices
@ 2002-01-10  4:29 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-01-10  4:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> My quiestion is: when and how do the /dev/sd* appear in my system (standalone terminal),
> or, how do I change it when new disks differently partitioned are added.

The /dev/sd* get created at boot time by running
	disk/fdisk -p /dev/sdC0/data >/dev/sdC0/ctl
(for example).

It doesn't look like you have any ext2 partitions.

Russ