* [9fans] pwd(1)
@ 2003-11-01 14:09 lucio
From: lucio @ 2003-11-01 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Does it really return the value of the pathname which it failed to
retrieve when it fails to retrieve it?

	if(getwd(pathname, sizeof(pathname)) == 0) {
		print("pwd: %r\n");
		exits(pathname);
	}

I hope I'm looking at old code.  Did somebody forget to put quotes
around the exits() argument?

++L

* Re: [9fans] pwd(1)
@ 2003-11-01 14:34 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2003-11-01 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Does it really return the value of the pathname which it failed to
> retrieve when it fails to retrieve it?
>
> 	if(getwd(pathname, sizeof(pathname)) == 0) {
> 		print("pwd: %r\n");
> 		exits(pathname);
> 	}
>
> I hope I'm looking at old code.  Did somebody forget to put quotes
> around the exits() argument?

You're looking at half-old code.  The truly old code says:

g% cat /n/bootes/sys/src/cmd/pwd.c
 #include <u.h>
 #include <libc.h>
/*
 * Print working (current) directory
 */

void
main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
	char pathname[512];

	USED(argc, argv);
	if(getwd(pathname, sizeof(pathname)) == 0) {
		print("pwd: %s\n", pathname);
		exits(pathname);
	}
	print("%s\n", pathname);
	exits(0);
}
g%

which is the way getwd worked before 9P2000.
I changed the current pwd just to exits("getwd")
when getwd fails (after printing %r).

Russ

* Re: [9fans] pwd(1)
@ 2003-11-01 14:57   ` Lucio De Re
From: Lucio De Re @ 2003-11-01 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 09:34:46AM -0500, Russ Cox wrote:

> which is the way getwd worked before 9P2000.
> I changed the current pwd just to exits("getwd")
> when getwd fails (after printing %r).

Would it be silly to ask for the error message to be output to stderr
rather than stdout?

++L

* Re: [9fans] pwd(1)
@ 2003-11-01 15:04     ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2003-11-01 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Would it be silly to ask for the error message to be output to stderr
> rather than stdout?

done