* Re: [9fans] Duff's panel library paper
@ 2002-12-04 15:47 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-12-04 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> there are other interesting papers that are hard to find on the net nowadays,
> like the 1992 'Plan 9 from Bell-Labs' (the one with performance comparisons
> to the MIPS architecture showing P9 to outperform it somewhat marginally,
> and also containing kernel sizes in lines of code -- I always like to read
> that part)...

http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sys/doc/9.pdf

no?

> maybe there should be a bigger repository for P9-related papers on sources,
> old and new?

someone else suggested this too, though i'm not
sure there are that many old papers.  i think the
only papers are

	Alef User's Guide
	Alef Ref Manual
	Panel Library
	Raster Graphics

and the only one that's not online is the gfx one.

but so be it.

http://plan9.bell-labs.com/old.plan9
/n/sources/contrib/old

russ

* Re: [9fans] Duff's panel library paper
@ 2002-12-04 15:48 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2002-12-04 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

this is what I had in mind:

http://netlib.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/cstr/158b.ps.gz

the current 'Plan 9 from Bell Labs' paper seems to be significantly
reworked (and rightly so -- lots has changed :)

andrey

* Re: [9fans] Duff's panel library paper
@ 2002-12-04 21:18 ` suspect
From: suspect @ 2002-12-04 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Mk'ing hardware (T. Killian) ?

cheers,

@ 2002-12-04 15:26 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2002-12-04 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-12-04 15:22 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-12-04 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-12-04 13:46 Anastasopoulos S
From: Anastasopoulos S @ 2002-12-04 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi

At

http://docs.rinet.ru:8083/LomamVse/ch21/ch21.htm

the writer refers to a paper by Tom Duff about the panel library of the
second edition.

If anybody has it in electronic form, please send me a copy at my private
mail (anastas@ceid.upatras.gr).

Thanks
Spyros