* [9fans] setting resolution; 9legacy ibm thinkpad t60.
@ 2014-04-19 14:50 Jan
From: Jan @ 2014-04-19 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

when i boot 9legacy I set the resolution as 1024x768 then select [xga]. According to this page http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/setting_the_right_monitor_size/ 1024x768 is a valid option for xga. However rio fails to start and if I select the default resolution rio renders 3 black windows and the colours are inverted. To view the text in anyone of the windows I have to select another one for the text to appear. Any advice?

* Re: [9fans] setting resolution; 9legacy ibm thinkpad t60.
@ 2014-04-19 14:54 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2014-04-19 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Sat Apr 19 10:52:00 EDT 2014, j@margolius.co.uk wrote:

> when i boot 9legacy I set the resolution as 1024x768 then select
> [xga].  According to this page
> http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/setting_the_right_monitor_size/
> 1024x768 is a valid option for xga.  However rio fails to start and if
> I select the default resolution rio renders 3 black windows and the
> colours are inverted.  To view the text in anyone of the windows I
> have to select another one for the text to appear.  Any advice?

a depth needs to be specified as well, 1024x768x16, for example.
the inverted colors may be due to some draw problems that russ
fixed years ago, but may not be in 9legacy, i'm not sure.

- erik

* [9fans] FW:  setting resolution; 9legacy ibm thinkpad t60.
@ 2014-04-19 15:23   ` Jan
From: Jan @ 2014-04-19 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'll give it a shot and report back.