* [9fans] attention - new list address
@ 2008-03-07 23:49 Scott Schwartz
From: Scott Schwartz @ 2008-03-07 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans, 9fans

Friends, the address for this mailing list is going to
be changing.  Thanks to Russ, we now have 9fans at 9fans.net
set up, and current subscriptions migrated.  Please give
it a try, and bear with us if there are any problems.
Thanks also to the psu computer science department
for hosting us these many years.

* Re: [9fans] attention - new list address
@ 2008-03-07 23:51 ` Pietro Gagliardi
From: Pietro Gagliardi @ 2008-03-07 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

We sign up the usual way?

@ 2008-03-07 23:58   ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2008-03-07 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> We sign up the usual way?

Everyone who was on 9fans@cse.psu.edu is on 9fans@9fans.net.
There's no need to resubscribe.

They're two separate lists at the moment,
but within a matter of days I expect that
9fans@cse.psu.edu will either stop working
or forward to 9fans@9fans.net.

Either way, it would be best to get in the
habit of mailing 9fans@9fans.net or update
address book entries.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] attention - new list address
@ 2008-03-08  0:10     ` Pietro Gagliardi
From: Pietro Gagliardi @ 2008-03-08  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Another question: will groups.google.com still have the old 9fans?

@ 2008-03-08  0:28       ` Scott Schwartz
From: Scott Schwartz @ 2008-03-08  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 07:10:08PM -0500, Pietro Gagliardi wrote:
> Another question: will groups.google.com still have the old 9fans?

comp.os.plan9, and the google groups view of it, was fed by a mail->usenet
gateway.  As long as the gateway (maintained at bath.ac.uk) is happy with
the new sender it should be fine, but probably not.  Someone should check
into that.

* Re: [9fans] attention - new list address
@ 2008-03-10 17:30         ` Dennis Davis
From: Dennis Davis @ 2008-03-10 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

In the referenced article, Scott Schwartz <schwartz@bio.cse.psu.edu> writes:
>On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 07:10:08PM -0500, Pietro Gagliardi wrote:
>> Another question: will groups.google.com still have the old
>> 9fans?
>
>comp.os.plan9, and the google groups view of it, was fed by a
>mail->usenet gateway.  As long as the gateway (maintained at
>bath.ac.uk) is happy with the new sender it should be fine, but
>probably not.  Someone should check into that.

Moderator's Note:
Providing I've managed to correctly configure this:

(1) The mail->usenet gateway at Bath should now be set up to accept
    articles from either 9fans@cse.psu.edu or 9fans@9fans.net.

(2) News articles injected here should also be emailed to
    9fans@9fans.net.
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@bath.ac.uk