* [9fans] Re:  Sparc Installation
       [not found] <20010429160203.00FB819A20@mail.cse.psu.edu>
@ 2001-04-29 17:21 ` kazumi iwane
From: kazumi iwane @ 2001-04-29 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> i've got a 2nd edition license, and a SPARCStation 2
> i'd love to run Plan 9 on (it used to run 2nd edition,
> until its EEPROM died).

I also have 2nd edition licence and a SPARC machine.
It is a SPARC Voyager, with a crisp LCD, a *mechanical*
three button mouse and a compact keyboard. The best
hardware Sun has come up with so far, IMHO. 2nd edition
didn't work on it, so it's still running Linux. It would be so
nice to use as a terminal.

- kazumi

* Re: [9fans] Re: Sparc Installation
@ 2001-04-26 15:01 rob pike
From: rob pike @ 2001-04-26 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I would like to now whether there is a version of plan9 for an ultra
> sparc 1.

As has been said here several time, the current release is not available
for the SPARC because we don't have the necessary permission to
release the required information.  When the second release was done,
the information was made available to us under the conditions of that
license, not the current one.  Partly as a consequence, we haven't
maintained that port and, to my knowledge, there is no current
SPARC port of the system.

-rob

* [9fans] Re: Sparc Installation
@ 2001-04-26 13:56 ` Alexander Povolotsky