* [9fans] assertion failure in libmemdraw
@ 2001-03-26 13:40 kazumi iwane
From: kazumi iwane @ 2001-03-26 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello 9fans,

My standalone system panics very frequently, emitting
console message such as:

  panic: assert failed: Dy(*sr) == Dy(*mr) && Dy(*mr) == Dy(*r)
  ktrace /kernel/path 8010649e 80466d20
  (...a lot of hex numbers...)
  cpu0: exiting

This assertion seems to be the one planted in

  /sys/src/libmemdraw/draw.c:268

I can't figure out what action violates the assertion; it can
be when I B3-click to resize an existing window, type ls
in a window and the window goes scrolling, etc.. No
particular trigger to attribute to.

I am using a Virge card with 2MB of VRAM at 1024x768x8.

Someone please help?

- kazumi

* Re: [9fans] assertion failure in libmemdraw
@ 2001-03-26 16:04 anothy
From: anothy @ 2001-03-26 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i saw exactly this problem - crashes durring seemingly
unrelated, benign activities - starting about two weeks
ago when the hardware in my system (either RAM or CPU)
went bad (due to overheating and static). i'd suggest
that maybe that's the case for you, too. i've since
replaced my motherboard, CPU, and RAM, and everything
runs great now.
-α.