* [9fans] More mail woes
@ 2002-09-24  2:08 Adrian
From: Adrian @ 2002-09-24  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

	I`m not sure why I`m not able to send mail, but I can receive it. as well
as use ftpfs. Apparently I`m missing a big piece somewhere along the way.
I get the cs: can`t translate address in the smtp.fail
If I just have one machine dhcp-ing should I follow the directions for
setting up
a Standalone CPU/Auth server ? I do not have a Plan9 network , just the one
machine.
My problem seems to be with ndb/cs I can`t resolve addresses for mail, but
everything else works.
If I cat /net/ndb i get
ip=192.168.1.101 ipmask=255.255.255.0 ipqw=192.168.1.1
dom=.charter.net
dns=209.186.12.10
dns=209.186.12.3
I also do not have an local-cs file

Any ideas?

Adrian

* Re: [9fans] More mail woes
@ 2002-09-24  2:20 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-09-24  2:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Try changing $smtp in /mail/lib/rewrite.gateway
to the real name of your mail server.

alternately, you want an entry like the following
in /lib/ndb/common:

ip=0.0.0.0 ipmask=0.0.0.0 smtp=smtp.yourisp.com

(if you were setting up a network with more machines
and different smtp servers for different networks,
you'd use a more specific address range.)

russ

* Re: [9fans] More mail woes
@ 2002-09-24  2:18 presotto
From: presotto @ 2002-09-24  2:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: athiele, 9fans

Where do you expect your mail to be going?  Are you trying to mail
directly to recipients or do you have a mail relay?  If the latter,
what is it's address.  If the former, does dns resolve the places
you are trying to send to?

Send me the following files:

/mail/lib/rewrite
/lib/ndb/local
/mail/lib/qmail*

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2283 bytes --]