* Re: [9fans] WORM Jukebox
@ 2000-10-06 17:00 jmk
From: jmk @ 2000-10-06 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Christopher Nielsen <cnielsen@pobox.com>:
	I've have the opportunity to buy an HP SureStore magneto-optical
	jukebox; a 200FX, which can be upgraded to a 400FX.

We have 3 HP jukeboxes, an old 200T and the more modern 300FX and 1200EX.
They all run the same driver, it's a standard SCSI medium-changer command
set. I'd be surprised if the 200/400FX are any different.

--jim

* Re: [9fans] WORM Jukebox
@ 2000-10-06 17:06 ` Christopher Nielsen
From: Christopher Nielsen @ 2000-10-06 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000 jmk@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:

> We have 3 HP jukeboxes, an old 200T and the more modern 300FX and
> 1200EX. They all run the same driver, it's a standard SCSI
> medium-changer command set. I'd be surprised if the 200/400FX are any
> different.

I thought that would probably be the case, but I'm not familiar enough
with WORM jukeboxes to know for certain.
Thanks!

--
Christopher Nielsen
cnielsen@pobox.com

* [9fans] WORM Jukebox
@ 2000-10-06 12:15 Christopher Nielsen
From: Christopher Nielsen @ 2000-10-06 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've have the opportunity to buy an HP SureStore magneto-optical
jukebox; a 200FX, which can be upgraded to a 400FX.

Will this work with a plan9 fileserver "out-of-the-box" or would I need to
either write a driver for it or tweak the source to get it to work?

I'm just trying to gauge how much work it would require to incorporate
this into my network.

Thanks.

--
Christopher Nielsen