* Re: [9fans] Plan9 updates..
@ 2001-04-04 16:50 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2001-04-04 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2001-04-04 17:59 ` Ish Rattan
From: Ish Rattan @ 2001-04-04 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2001-04-09  8:36   ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2001-04-09  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

----- Original Message -----
From: "cLIeNUX user" <r@your_host.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.plan9
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2001 10:31 AM
Subject: Re: [9fans] Plan9 updates..

> humbubba@smart.net
> >
> >Is there a tool (for UNIX) to look at the contents of wrap bundles?
> >It seems that 9e (did work once some time ago, no more) and unwrap
> >(perl script, never worked except printing file names and creating
> >directories).
> >
> >- ishwar
>
> ftp://linux01.gwdg.de/pub/cLIeNUX/interim/p9unpack.c
>
> is for the main Plan9 50 meg package, on Linux. Is that "wrap" ?

from the code:

                /* The following array declarations and backreferenced
                #defines is one way to fake Forth's
                        VARIABLE <name> <number> ALLOT
                in C.                                           */

    byte    path[TOKENSIZE], perms[TOKENSIZE], capes[TOKENSIZE],
            owner[TOKENSIZE], size[TOKENSIZE], spam[TOKENSIZE];

    byte  buffer[READSIZE];

    #define path    (int) & path
    #define perms   (int) & perms
    #define capes   (int) & capes
    #define owner   (int) & owner
    #define size    (int) & size
    #define spam    (int) & spam
    #define buffer  (int) & buffer

this code casts a pointer to an integer -- never do this.  just
how portable will the cast be?  take the alpha for example:  it
has 32 bit ints and 64 bit pointers IIRC.

--
Boyd Roberts        http://www.insultant.net        boyd@insultant.net

What do you know about surfing, Major?  You're from goddamn New Jersey.

* RE: [9fans] Plan9 updates..
@ 2001-04-07  6:47   ` Kim Deokhwan
From: Kim Deokhwan @ 2001-04-07  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

It seems to have many bugs.

For example, it uses access permission 0 when it makes a directory.

  void mkdirs()
  {
    made = mkdir((byte *)path, 0);
  }

All sequent mkdir() for any subdirectories will fail because search
permission will be denied for a component of the path prefix.

* Re: [9fans] Plan9 updates..
@ 2001-04-06  8:41   ` Douglas A. Gwyn
From: Douglas A. Gwyn @ 2001-04-06  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

cLIeNUX user wrote:
> humbubba@smart.net
> >Is there a tool (for UNIX) to look at the contents of wrap bundles?
> ftp://linux01.gwdg.de/pub/cLIeNUX/interim/p9unpack.c

And if that doesn't do it for you, I have a little utility I use
on Solaris (should work unchanged on any UNIX-based system);
send me e-mail if you need it.

* Re: [9fans] Plan9 updates..
@ 2001-04-05  8:31 ` cLIeNUX user
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: cLIeNUX user @ 2001-04-05  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

humbubba@smart.net

>Is there a tool (for UNIX) to look at the contents of wrap bundles?
>It seems that 9e (did work once some time ago, no more) and unwrap
>(perl script, never worked except printing file names and creating
>directories).
>
>- ishwar

ftp://linux01.gwdg.de/pub/cLIeNUX/interim/p9unpack.c

is for the main Plan9 50 meg package, on Linux. Is that "wrap" ?

Rick Hohensee
www.clienux.com

* [9fans] Plan9 updates..
@ 2001-04-04 14:59 Ish Rattan