* Re: [9fans] But how new is the distribution
@ 2001-08-13  2:00 presotto
From: presotto @ 2001-08-13  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GrieseFamily, 9fans

If you look at the update page, you'll find that some distributions
are labeled as full updates and some as partial updates.  The
current sources are obtained by grabbing the latest full update
and then appying each subsequent partial update to it.  As of
this moment, that means the Mar 27 2001 full update and then the
apr 25/may 7/may 26/june 5 partials.

* Re: [9fans] But how new is the distribution
@ 2001-08-13 14:50 ` Sam Ducksworth
From: Sam Ducksworth @ 2001-08-13 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i think he was refering to the distro that you get from:

http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9dist/download.html

not the updates page.

On Sun, 12 Aug 2001 presotto@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:

> If you look at the update page, you'll find that some distributions
> are labeled as full updates and some as partial updates.  The
> current sources are obtained by grabbing the latest full update
> and then appying each subsequent partial update to it.  As of
> this moment, that means the Mar 27 2001 full update and then the
> apr 25/may 7/may 26/june 5 partials.

--sam

* [9fans] But how new is the distribution
@ 2001-08-13  4:53 Stephen Griese
From: Stephen Griese @ 2001-08-13  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I suppose I didn't ask the right thing in my previous post.  The real
question is:  does the distribution  get updated as plan9 gets updated, or
are the updates the only way to get updates.  Or to put it another way, does
the full download represent the original plan9 version 3 release from June
2000, or plan9 as it stands today.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Stephen Griese