* [9fans] idefs patch
@ 2001-08-13 23:08 Sam Ducksworth
From: Sam Ducksworth @ 2001-08-13 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

does anybody have a link or a copy of the idefs patch?
i cannot seem to reach the website where it is supposed to
be located. (http://plan9.escet.urjc.es/export/idefs.rc)
thanks in advance!!

--sam

* [9fans] idefs patch
@ 2001-08-16 21:21 ` unknown
From: unknown @ 2001-08-16 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

There seems to be some problem with plan9.escet.urjc.es.
Sadly enough, I'll be out of town until end of Aug. and
I just can't connect. Nobody else in the building can
fix the problem before I return, sic.

If you need the patch and nobody else can send it to you,
I could try to place it somewhere else.

Sorry.

* Re: [9fans] idefs patch
@ 2001-08-16 21:23 ` unknown
From: unknown @ 2001-08-16 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

There was also some other (minor) change to let
it work w/ >4G disks.

* Re: [9fans] idefs patch
@ 2001-08-16 13:18     ` Sam Ducksworth
From: Sam Ducksworth @ 2001-08-16 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> if you get it to work drop me a line.  for some strange
> reason i can't build a working idefs any more without having
> it trash the free list during operation.

so far so good. it compiled fine and boots fine. i am fighting
hardware issues now. hope to have that resolved today.

> what's stupid is that now that i sit here typing this i realize
> that i had not factored all the variables.  maybe my _build_
> environment is bad.  ugh.

yup had a similar problem a few months ago. i fixed it by using
the 'scorched earth' method.

--sam

* Re: [9fans] idefs patch
@ 2001-08-16  2:35   ` Eric Dorman
From: Eric Dorman @ 2001-08-16  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Sam Ducksworth wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, Eric Dorman wrote:
>
> thanks eric that one works great.
>

> > try http://home.san.rr.com/ericdorman/idefs.tgz
> >
> > i'm not sure if that one has the idesize() divisor patch but i'll check.
> >

> --sam

if you get it to work drop me a line.  for some strange
reason i can't build a working idefs any more without having
it trash the free list during operation.

what's stupid is that now that i sit here typing this i realize
that i had not factored all the variables.  maybe my _build_
environment is bad.  ugh.

--eric

* Re: [9fans] idefs patch
@ 2001-08-15 16:23     ` Dan Cross
From: Dan Cross @ 2001-08-15 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

In article <3B7B316A.DED8096F@san.rr.com> you write:
>if you get it to work drop me a line.  for some strange
>reason i can't build a working idefs any more without having
>it trash the free list during operation.
>
>what's stupid is that now that i sit here typing this i realize
>that i had not factored all the variables.  maybe my _build_
>environment is bad.  ugh.

Hadn't Nemo put some effort into merging the IDE patches into the current
file server code?  I thought, for a time, that he was going to become the
keeper of the idefs code....  I'm not questioning your doing it Eric, of
course, but I'd hate to see a lot of duplication of effort.

	- Dan C.

* Re: [9fans] idefs patch
@ 2001-08-14 13:17 ` Sam Ducksworth
From: Sam Ducksworth @ 2001-08-14 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)