* [9fans] Drawterm problem
@ 2001-08-19 14:02 Sam Ducksworth
From: Sam Ducksworth @ 2001-08-19 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

i finally got my standalone cpu/auth and fs servers runnning
and am trying to connect via drawterm, but i keep getting
the following error message:

?AS protocol botch: file does not exist

when trying to login. i looked through the mail archives and
found a few references to the problem but i could not find where
anyone had reponded back to the group with the answer.

--sam

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm problem
@ 2001-08-19 18:20 ` Sam Ducksworth
From: Sam Ducksworth @ 2001-08-19 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

never mind.. i only had one cup of coffee in me when i sent
first post. after the third cup i realized that i missed a step
in the auth server setup. i forgot to move the auth.il*
and auth.tcp* to il* and tcp*.

all is well.

On Sun, 19 Aug 2001, Sam Ducksworth wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i finally got my standalone cpu/auth and fs servers runnning
> and am trying to connect via drawterm, but i keep getting
> the following error message:
>
> ?AS protocol botch: file does not exist
>
> when trying to login. i looked through the mail archives and
> found a few references to the problem but i could not find where
> anyone had reponded back to the group with the answer.
>
> --sam

--sam

* [9fans] drawterm problem
@ 2004-06-20  3:50 Frank Palazzolo
From: Frank Palazzolo @ 2004-06-20  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

I'm trying to use drawterm on windows and/or linux to connect to my
Plan9 cpu/auth server.  I am trying to connect as bootes.  The name
and correct password are recognized but then I get the dreaded
"Cannot authenticate with p9" message at that point.

I have run auth/debug on the auth server and everything seems to work
fine.  /sys/log/auth seems clean.  I searched the archives but
haven't found a working solution yet.  Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Frank