* [9fans] changeuser
@ 2001-08-25 10:01 Fariborz 'Skip' Tavakkolian
From: Fariborz 'Skip' Tavakkolian @ 2001-08-25 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've setup an auth/cpu server. changeuser rebels with:

changeuser: can't create user bootes: access permission denied

I'm too sleepy to follow the code, and can't find anything obvious in
comp.os.plan9 archives or this list.

P.S. I had not verified that network setup was working properly or even
verified that the ne2000 was actually operating before the conversion to
auth/cpu. There were hints in some postings that this may be the cause; I
can't see why.

* Re: [9fans] changeuser
@ 2001-08-26  7:04 ` Fariborz 'Skip' Tavakkolian
From: Fariborz 'Skip' Tavakkolian @ 2001-08-26  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans, 9fans

I have the auth/cpu set up now. I had missed a step (didn't create a home
for bootes), and also there was a hardware config problem.

FYI, when using Linksys Ether16 (ISA), use Linksys's utility program to
hard assign the addr/irq on the card; In the system's BIOS setup, reserve
that addr/irq for ISA use.

At 03:01 AM 8/25/2001 -0700, I mumbled something like:

@ 2001-08-27 10:29   ` Sam Ducksworth
From: Sam Ducksworth @ 2001-08-27 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i was bitten by that last week. also make sure to add
the nodummyrr to the end of the cards entry in plan9.ini.

On Sun, 26 Aug 2001, Fariborz 'Skip' Tavakkolian wrote:

> I have the auth/cpu set up now. I had missed a step (didn't create a home
> for bootes), and also there was a hardware config problem.
>
> FYI, when using Linksys Ether16 (ISA), use Linksys's utility program to
> hard assign the addr/irq on the card; In the system's BIOS setup, reserve
> that addr/irq for ISA use.
>
> At 03:01 AM 8/25/2001 -0700, I mumbled something like:
> >I've setup an auth/cpu server. changeuser rebels with:
> >
> >changeuser: can't create user bootes: access permission denied

--sam